If you are considering taking your
products or services to a global market the terms localization,
globalization and internationalization may all be a
When you hear the terms Website
globalization and Website internationalization,
it generally means the preparation of the site in order
to make it easily adapted to different locals or countries.
Localization is the process of adapting
the Website for a specific country. Localization involves
language translation, design and cultural customization.
Prior to going global there are several questions you
need to consider:
• What is your strategy to support other languages?
• Have you selected a reliable, experienced translation
• Who will assist with cultural aspects of marketing
and buying behavior?
• How are you going to handle emails and phone
calls from prospects and clients within the country?
• Does your Website support local currencies and
preferred payment options?
• Does your Website display local time, date and
• Is the current text internationalized?
• How are you managing delivery, tariffs and returns
of your product?
• How are you going to handle international Internet
marketing activities such as multilingual search
engine optimization and multilingual Adwords campaigns?
• Are you translating your brand name, logos,
• Have you researched international trademark
laws for your targeted countries?
• If your site will be translated into multiple
languages how will you handle updates, press releases,
new product launches, etc?
These questions will help get you started in taking
your product or service to a global audience.
Many companies start with a simple plan and target
one or two counties at first. Taking on several counties
at once is a huge undertaking. Your systems, procedures
and assumptions can easily be tested with one country
before you move on to other countries.
At ePlus Marketing, we have teamed with experienced
professional services in the areas of translation,
international law, logistics and international market
research. If you are just getting started with multilingual
Websites or want to improve your existing sites, we
can help with every step. Call us today at 314-569-9880
to find out more about Website globalization, localization
and international Internet marketing.
Some of our most recent success:
• Increased international Web visitors by 179%
• Increased targeted country Web site visitors
by over 300%
• Increased the percent of total revenue by foreign
companies by 25%
• Increased Web ranking on foreign search engines
to the first page
• Increased Web site visits referred by foreign
search engines by 251%
• Increased conversion ratio for international
customers by 150%